WHAT'S GOING ON IN THE FINANCIAL MARKET
This class will try to explain how all this financial turmoil could have happened
given the current events you hear about. You see and use these terms: “FDIC,” “SIPC,”
“Guaranteed,” “AAA rated ” “Insured ” “CD” “Stocks ” “Bonds ” and “Mutual Fund ”
Learn what these terms mean and how they affect financial savings and investments,
especially during difficult and uncertain financial times. Learn about the most
common mistakes investors make and how to avoid them. The class will also focus
- How do investment scam's and “Ponzi” schemes really work?
- What to look out for so you do not become a financial crime victim.
- Offshore Accounts and “alternative” investments.
- How did the mortgage crises create the domino effect throughout the global financial
- Why interest rates are so low right now and what might the future trend look like.
- Various stock market theories are discussed including the “P/E ratio."
- Account Registration Issues, Beneficiary Considerations, and Estate Tax Issues
- Currency, current taxation issues with investments, and income for life options
- What to look for when hiring a licensed financial advisor.
Presented by: Oren Peretz, who has a book entitled “Educated Investing” is a branch
manager of a stock brokerage firm and President of Century Financial Advisors, a
California State-Registered Investment Advisor. Mr. Peretz has been a securities
industry arbitrator and mediator for the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
(FINRA) and has over 20 years of licensed experience in the financial markets.
9:30 am-12:30 pm
July 18 & 2
Reg. Fee: $4
CPA's/Pas: Continuing Education credit may be available. This class follows CE regulations
as outlined in the California Accountancy Act.
WOMEN, MONEY & POWER
Women, Money & Power is an educational workshop that provides you with seven
steps to help you achieve financial security and fund your dreams If you act upon
these simple steps to improve the quality of your financial life, you will be well
on your way to a fuller, richer life!
You will learn how to:
- Learn to earn
- Put your money where your values are
- Figure out where you stand financially
- Build financial "baskets for Your Retirement, Your security and Your Dreams
- Discover the Power of the Lattte Factor
- Plus Much More!
Many women, whether they've managed million-dollar budgets at work or managed kids,
bills, and car payments at home, feel at a loss when it comes to figuring out their
finances. This financial workshop gives women the tools and programs they need to
create a rich future. Smart Women Finish Rich will put you in control of finances
Instructor: Don Milin Is a Registered Investment
Advisor & Branch Manager who teaches at various adult education and community
Reg. Fee: $46
1pm - 4pm